Monday, December 2, 2013

Immigration is also a Topic in Feminism

If I were to pass out a survey and ask people to circle the topics that are important and relevant in feminism, I bet most people would not circle immigration. Why do feminists feel that they need to get involved in immigration reform and how is the media helping/not helping? I did not know myself until I read the link below:

http://bitchmagazine.org/post/immigration-is-a-feminist-issue—we-need-to-treat-it-that-way

I read the linked blog post above and learned how feminism is a prevalent issue. I do not see coverage on topics like this, especially from a feminist perspective. With the healthcare reform being in the spot light, immigration reform has been pushed to the side. I never realized how agenda setting can dim the light on important topics like this. Is it truly agenda setting or informing people of the latest and greatest political news? Maybe it's a bit of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment